12.3.11

Stealth Zebra

Not too long ago my sister sent me this link to this inexpressibly cool manicure, and when I saw it I knew that there was no way I wasn't going to try it out.  The only thing that delayed me was that until today I did not have a black matte nail polish.  For those of you who don't speak nail polish, "matte" refers to a nail polish without any shine.  Anyway, today I headed out to Shoppers Drug Mart and got myself Razzle Dazzler Matte from Nicole by OPI, which is very close to what the blogger used (Matte is Murder by ManGlaze).  Now in her version she used a Konad stamp plate with zebra pattern and some topcoat.  My sister has the right Konad plate, but unfortunately has lost part of her kit so stamping wasn't an option.  Instead I hunted down an itty bitty paintbrush and quite literally hand painted on my zebra stripes using my all-time favourite Seche Vite topcoat.  I am totally jazzed on my results!  Not only am I now sold on matte nail polish, but this manicure is just tooooo coooooool.  It's very subtle, which is a nice break from some of the more elaborate stuff I wear sometimes.  Plus I'm loving the way the topcoat picks up light at certain angles.  Anyway, if you have a stamp plate or have the patience to paint on your stripes I would say this is definitely a manicure to try!

This is the original from http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/GraziaDailyNails/archive/2010/09/06/opposites-attract.htm

And this is how my manicure turned out.  This isn't the best photo of it, but quite honestly I'm in a bit of a rush and don't have time to take another pic.  You get the idea.  Happy hunting!