23.3.11

Fashion Forecast: A Touch of Flare

Okay, so I haven't posted a Fashion Forecast in a while, so I thought I'd throw up a few more for those of you who are sartorially minded.  With the '70s on the runways in a big way, wide-leg and flared jeans/trousers were abundant.

While I like a good bootleg cut as much as any other, I can't say flares are a favourite of mine, mostly because they're hard to pull off if you don't have a really unhealthy BMI.  So, I'll be more inclined to go with the more democratic adaptation: the wide-leg.  A good wide leg jean will fit snugly through the hips, and then fit loosely through the thigh and leg.  If you have shorter legs then I recommend going with a high-waisted version or have them hemmed to just brush the ground in high heels, which will give you height and longer lines.

Badgley Mischka, Celine, Christian Dior, Derek Lam, D&G, Dries van Noten and Jason Wu all showcased versions of this trend.  Photos from www.style.com.

Badgley Mischka


Celine


Christian Dior


D&G


Derek Lam: This shot in particular has been featured in more fashion blogs and articles than I can count; and for good reason, since it's a great look!


Dries van Noten


Jason Wu

No comments:

Post a Comment