23.3.11

Fashion Forecast: White Out

All right, so one of the most omnipresent trends of this spring was head-to-toe white.  And when I say omnipresent, I mean omnipresent, because I don't think I saw a single show that didn't feature this look.  As such, I have oodles of pictures and am just going to throw out a random sample.

As for personal feelings on the look, I'm kinda on the fence.  While I like a nice white dress as much as anyone, head to toe white feels like an accident waiting to happen.  Unless you plan on sheeting yourself in plastic before leaving your dressing room I suggest that those of you who attract stains avoid this particular look.  I think my favourite version of the trend was on Michael Kors, as it seemed to express a carefree simplicity that didn't seem fussy or too constructed.  But judge for yourselves.

Michael Kors


Alexander McQueen


Celine


Chloe


Donna Karan


Dries van Noten


Helmut Lang


Marchesa


Prabal Garung


Stella McCartney


Versace


Yves Saint Laurent

No comments:

Post a Comment