9.3.11

Fashion Forecast: the Yellow Pages

Before I get to actually discussing fashion, I'm just going to throw it out there that coming up with titles for these posts is at least half the fun.  Anyway, continuing the tradition of brights for Spring 2011 is yellow.  Yellow (to me) seems to look best on tan, olive, and darker skin tones.  As a thoroughly pale person myself, I tend to gravitate towards pale daffodil shades rather than the ochres and sunflower yellows.  Designers this season favoured the most intense yellows they could find, so if you can pull it off then by all means go for it!  Yellow played a role in the designs of BCBG Max Azria, Michael Kors, Nina Ricci, Oscar de la Renta, Prabal Garung, Stella McCartney, Tory Burch, Victoria Beckham and others.  All photos from http://www.style.com/.
BCBG Max Azria

Michael Kors

Michael Kors

Nina Ricci

Oscar de la Renta

Prabal Garung

Stella McCartney

Tory Burch

Victoria Beckham