30.3.11

Fashion Forecast: That '70s Show

So pretty much every blogger of the fashionista persuasion has posted recently about Spring 2011's return to 1970s style.  Perhaps this is why I've been so reluctant to cover the trend myself: it feels a little like white noise.  However, it also would feel like a glaring oversight if I didn't at least give it a cursory nod in a Fashion Forecast.

In other posts I've mentioned the return to flared and wide-leg jeans, as well as the resurgence of crop tops and peasant tops.  These respective trends are all part of the larger '70s trend.  Big hair, flowing maxi skirts, and floppy hats all paraded down the runway this spring leaving us all with infinite ways to adapt the trend to our own personal style.  The '70s style is great if you want a more bohemian edge to your look, or if you'd like to revamp your silhouette.  I know I'm going to be rocking some sheer dresses to the beach this summer.  Last year I actually managed to find a gorgeous Poleci silk blouse for a great deal.  At the time I just loved the blue and white pattern, but now the flowy structure, sliced sleeves and '70s vibe are right on trend.  I love it when that happens.  All photos from www.style.com.

Badgley Mischka


Blumarine


Blumarine


Blumarine


D&G


Elie Saab


Fendi


Jason Wu


Marc Jacobs


Valentino


No comments:

Post a Comment