18.4.11

They left out the part where Shopaholic becomes a Call Girl to fund her addiction

There's a show on A&E called "Intervention" which I'm sure many of you have seen or heard of.  It's interesting to watch every now and then because you get an insight into the bizarre things people will do to accommodate their addictions.  In one episode a bulimic tells the cameras about how she secretly works as a stripper to pay off her thousand-dollar-a-week grocery habit from when she binges.  It now seems like this may be a glimpse into my own future, but replace "binges" with "expensive clothes habit".

In my last post I made a confession about my addiction to shoes.  I am now thinking, however, that confessing to a shoe addiction was a little misleading of me.  It would be more accurate to say that I am addicted to clothing in general.  Unfortunately this isn't the kind of addiction that can be sated by a quick stop a Walmart or something like that.  No, instead I have fatally expensive taste, which I'm sure is going to get me into all kinds of trouble at some point.

Today I left my little corner of the world to take the forty minute trip into the city, with the intention of catching some films to review (more on that later).  I went in with the girls (AKA my mother and sister), so of course I managed to get side-tracked early in the day.  We were just having fun looking around when I found the sartorial equivalent of the Holy Grail: a Dolce & Gabbana black silk pencil skirt in perfect condition for 60% off.  This was an opportunity too good to pass up.  Who would pass it up anyway?  Things like this don't come along every day, or even once a year.  Not to mention it was a size small which was even rarer (small is generally the first size to get picked off) and black pencil skirts are a wardrobe staple, so it was a totally practical purchase... right?  Well, regardless, it is now my baby and is comfortably snuggled up with my BCBG dress in its garment bag.  Consequences be damned!

I looked (very thoroughly) for a picture of it but I'm afraid that despite my creative google searches I wasn't able to find the exact one.  It's the skirt pictured below but without the gold embellishments.  It has two lovely little pockets and the softest lining you've ever felt in your entire life.  If I weren't afraid of crinkling it I might cuddle it while I fall asleep tonight.  Anyway, thought I'd share the small fashion victory with you all.  Consequences be damned!

No comments:

Post a Comment