9.4.11

Listening To: Danse Macabre Playlist

After getting such positive feedback on the last playlist I posted I decided I may as well throw up another one.  "Danse Macabre" is perhaps a little exaggerated, but the tone is decidedly darker than Daydreaming was: it's kind of a love it or hate it type of collection.  Some of the material is fairly well known (Smashing Pumpkins, Interpol, Bat for Lashes) and some may be less familiar (She Wants Revenge, Blonde Redhead, Tomandandy, Bauhaus).  Anyway, if you're in the right mood then give it a shot, this one's much shorter topping out at only sixteen tracks.  I'm sorry to say Grooveshark didn't have the version of The Beginning is the End is the Beginning (you may recognize it from 2007's Watchmen trailer) so I've had to post that as a YouTube video.  Fun fact about Bela Lugosi is Dead: I picked that one up from the incredibly cheesy '80s vampire flick The Hunger (with David Bowie, Susan Sarandon and Catherine Deneuve), which you should definitely watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment