21.4.11

Arbiter Elegantiae does Germany


My dear readers, I can now at long-last tell you that for the last couple of months I have been in the process of applying for an internship overseas, specifically with a (very large) Public Relations firm in Germany.  I hadn't wanted to spill the beans before things had firmed up a little, but I can now very happily tell you that after receiving my portfolio and CV (Curriculum Vitae, a fancy way of saying "resume") they have offered me a position with them for three months.  I am hoping to leave shortly after my Convocation this June, all circumstances permitting.

Now believe it or not I'm not sharing this simply for the bragging rights (though those are great).  Rather, my impending departure means that I now have about a million things on my plate to deal with in a relatively short span of time, including learning basic German, sorting out Visa and passport business, and most importantly saving a lot of money.  As such, I doubt I'm going to be posting quite as frequently as I usually do, and for that I apologize.  However, the bonus is that in a few months' time I will be able to write about the incredible fashion overseas and can provide you with some great new content.  On that note, I am now scouting around for some good German street style blogs so that I can prep my own wardrobe for the culture shock.  If you are familiar with any good ones please let me know!

Another piece of exciting news I wanted to share with you all (which will also be contributing to my diminished blogging time) is that I will soon be a contributor for myetvmedia.com!  I am delighted to say that as a direct consequence of this blog I have been invited to be their Film & Fashion Correspondent, a position I am really looking forward to filling.  So, you can expect to see regular links here to reviews that will be up on My ETV Media's site, which also produces reviews of television shows, awards ceremonies, and video games, to name just a few features.

I'm going to do my best to stay on top of all these exciting things, but I'm afraid I will be prioritizing and paid work will be coming first.  The moral of the story is don't worry if I disappear for a few days: I haven't forgotten about you.  As always I'm sending out huge thank yous to all of you readers, without whom much of this would not have been possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment