26.7.11

Redemption is sweet


Aahhhhhh today was such a good day!!  I feel I have at last (at least until my next error) proven myself useful at work!

Today started out like most other days do, with people trickling in the morning and slowly getting themselves into the work mindset.  For the last few days I've been working on ad ideas, so I came up with a couple more suggestions and then moved on to something different: copywriting!  For those of you who don't know, copywriting is when you create the text that is within an ad, in particular the slogan or tagline.  I've never done any copywriting before but it was certainly an interesting exercise (it felt a lot like writing an essay, surprisingly), and I we'll see how well my ideas are received later in the week.

It was after lunch that things really started looking up.  Those of us in Creative got together and shared our ad ideas for the campaign we're working on.  I wish I could say more about who the client is and what we're doing but they actually had me sign a contract saying I would do no such thing.  Anyway, since I've never been in Advertising before I had expected my ideas would be laughably inadequate and unoriginal.  As it turned out, my coworkers really liked three of my ideas, which we will present to our Heads of Department tomorrow.  I can't believe it!  I feel like Don Draper, but minus all that infidelity and such.

Now it's perfectly possible that tomorrow I will make some colossal slip-up and feel once more like a total imbecile (knock on wood), but for the time being I'm going to enjoy the sensation of usefulness.  It doesn't hurt that I also have a blossoming crush (haven't had one of those in years) on a coworker.  I wont say any more since that would be ridiculously imprudent, but it certainly makes the days go by a little faster and more pleasantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment