9.10.11

Happy Thanksgiving from Paris!


Bonjour, mes amours!

I will, of course, have a long update coming along in the next day or two chronicling my adventures in France, but I thought I'd take a moment to wish everyone a wonderful Canadian Thanksgiving!

Without giving too much away, I'll say that I celebrated with a visit to the Louvre, a walk along the Champs Elysées (and perhaps a teensy bit of shopping), and a fantastic meal at my hotel here in Paris.  My Thanksgiving dinner was:

• Appetizer: cold prawn and crab salad with tomato, avocado, cucumber and carrot with a slightly vinegar-y dressing.  Taken, of course, with some incredible baguette and butter.  Totally fabulous, trés Francais.
• Entrée: seared halibut with a pesto sauce and mushroom risotto, with a side of mixed greens and creamy dressing.  Very, very good.
• Dessert: fondant au chocolate with strawberries and a vanilla créme sauce, paired with Earl Grey tea.  No one does fondant like the French.

It wasn't exactly mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, but it was absolutely delicious and a perfect end to my day.  They even played La Vie en Rose during the meal, which I loved but figured that the poor servers were probably tired to death of hearing.  I would have taken pictures but unfortunately my camera died today part-way through the Greek sculptures hall - more on that later.  Anyway, though I wish I could be sharing the wonders of France with my amazing family for now all I can do is send them my love.  I hope you're all having equally lovely holidays, or, if it's not a holiday where you are then I hope you're enjoying a pleasant weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment