3.2.11

A New World

Yes, I know what you're thinking: "Did she just reference the title of that Colin Farrell Pocahontas movie?"  And the answer is yes, yes I did.  It seemed appropriate seeing as starting this blog is inspiring the feelings one might expect upon discovering a whole new world - excitement, certainly, but also some degree of trepidation.  The idea of starting a blog had been crystallizing in my mind for several months now, but it took until today when I realized that EVERYONE is blogging for me to finally cave in to what has been called a supremely self-indulgent practice.  Besides being a useful outlet, I suppose I'm hoping this can be a useful addition to my resume.

Anyway, I suppose the point is that the material I intend on including is.... uh... diverse.  Everything from Runway reviews to posts of my latest manicure to a tirade on how ridiculous some current (and not-so-current) events are.  I'll warn any readers now that I have no intention of pretending to be politically correct, so if a particular rant rubs you the wrong way, go get yourself a tissue and cry it out, because I sure don't give a damn.

At the top of the page you will notice tabs intended to help you zero-in on whatever it is you'd most like to read about.  Over the next few weeks/months (entirely dependent on my attention span and availability) I'll try to get a start on each of the pages to build up a half-decent site.  You also may be wondering about the title which, in case you haven't already googled it, is Latin for "judge in the matters of taste".  I'll have you know I searched long and hard (sort of) for that title, as all the other clever things I could think of were already taken (damn you, fashionphile!).

Bear with me, if you can.